ARLINGTON, Texas – The Professional Women’s Bowling Association is accepting entries for the first three standard events of the 2019 season and applications for 2019 PWBA Tour membership.
The 2019 PWBA Tour season will kick off April 25 with the PWBA Greater Cleveland Open at Yorktown Lanes. In addition to the opening event, registration is open for the PWBA Twin Cities Open (May 2-4) and the PWBA Lincoln Open (May 9-11).
Registration for the United States Bowling Congress (USBC) Queens, the first major event on the 2019 PWBA Tour season, already was underway.
Online registration for each of the four events is available from the PWBA's schedule page.
Competitors also can go online to apply for PWBA membership for the 2019 season. Women must have achieved an average of 190 or higher in a USBC certified league to become a PWBA member. Any international bowler seeking membership must provide proof from their country’s bowling federation that they have achieved a 190 or higher average.
Applicants will be notified of PWBA membership status within 30 days of submitting an application.
PWBA member benefits include:
- $100 entry-fee discount on PWBA Standard events
- Priority entry for PWBA Standard events
- Discounted practice rates at official PWBA Practice Centers
- Free PWBA award ring for first 300 bowled during PWBA competition
- Right to receive a PWBA champion banner for winning a national PWBA event
- Right to transport equipment on the PWBA Player Services truck (transport fees apply)
- Personalized membership card and five PWBA bag tags
- Right to wear the logo of a pro shop or business they own or operate (subject to PWBA Product Registration rules)
- Right to enter the PWBA Players Championship
- Opportunity to qualify for PWBA Tour Championship
- Name listed on PWBA.com
- Discount on PWBA merchandise through ShopPWBA.com
Non-PWBA members (guests) can compete in all PWBA events, depending on eligibility requirements, but must pay the full entry fee. The entry fee for PWBA standard events is $400 for non-members and $300 for PWBA members.