When does the PWBA Tour season begin?
The 2019 season starts with the PWBA Greater Cleveland Open on April 25-27 at Yorktown Lanes in Parma Heights, Ohio. The 2019 season will conclude with the PWBA Tour Championship, which will take place in September.
Do I have to be a PWBA member to compete in an event?
No. Guests will be allowed to compete in all PWBA events in which they are eligible but will pay the full entry fee (see next question for entry costs). PWBA members are entitled to a $100 discount for all PWBA standard events. The PWBA Players Championship and PWBA Tour Championship are only open to 2019 PWBA members.
How much does it cost to enter each event?
The entry fee for PWBA standard events is $300 for members and $400 for non-members. Entries for the USBC Queens are $350 until April 25 and $400 beginning April 26. The entry fee for players earning a spot at the U.S. Women's Open is $400. The fee for a PTQ entry at a PWBA Elite event is $100, and a player who qualifies for the tournament proper does not have to pay any additional fee.
How much does a PWBA membership cost and what are the benefits?
A PWBA membership costs $300 for the 2019 season. PWBA members will receive the following benefits:
* $100 entry-fee discount on PWBA standard events
* Entry priority for PWBA standard events
* Discounted practice rates at official PWBA Practice Centers
* A free PWBA award ring for a player's first 300 bowled during PWBA event
* The right to receive a PWBA champion banner for winning a PWBA national tour event
* The right to transport equipment on the PWBA Player Services truck (transport fees apply)
* A personalized membership card
* Five PWBA bag tags
* The right to wear the logo of a pro shop or business they own or operate (subject to PWBA Product Registration rules)
* The right to enter the PWBA Players Championship
* An opportunity to qualify for the PWBA Tour Championship
* A name listing on the PWBA website
* Discount on PWBA merchandise through ShopPWBA.com
Go to PWBA.com to learn more and to submit a PWBA application.
Is there a limit on the number of players for an event?
Yes, but the limit is based on the number of lanes in the host center and varies by event. PWBA members also have a 21-day priority over guests for all PWBA standard events.
How do entries work at PWBA Regional events?
PWBA members and female guests who average 180 or higher (excluding PWBA Elite and PWBA National Champions) may enter a PWBA Regional event. PWBA Elite is designated as any PWBA athlete in the top 24 in points at the end of the previous PWBA season, or in the Elite field for the current season, once that field is set.
The entry field for PWBA Regional events will be set to accommodate the maximum number of competitors, subject to the number of lanes available and no more than five (5) competitors assigned to any pair of lanes. PWBA members will enter at PWBA Regional events at member pricing. Guests will enter at guest pricing. Entries will close 24 hours prior to the start of the event. The Tournament Director has the right to accept entries after the 24-hour deadline.
How do entries work at PWBA Elite events?
The top 24 players in the points standings after the PWBA Fountain Valley Open will have a direct entry into the PWBA Elite events after paying the $300 entry fee. If a player who has earned a direct entry does not enter the event by the 21-day deadline, their entry will go to the pre-tournament qualifier (PTQ). If a previously entered competitor should fall out of the top 24 in points, their entry will move to the PTQ and the difference in entry fee will be refunded.
How many entries are available at the PTQ at PWBA Elite events?
The PWBA will reserve eight (8) spots into the field at each PWBA Elite event. The PTQ field will be set to accommodate the maximum number of competitors based on the number of lanes available. No more than five (5) competitors will be assigned to any pair of lanes. Entries will close 48 hours prior to the start of the PTQ. The tournament director has the right to accept entries after the 48-hour deadline.
What equipment can I use during PWBA competition?
Only registered products may be used during PWBA competition. A full list can be found on the Format and Product Registration page of PWBA.com.
What rule changes were made for the 2019 PWBA season?
A complete copy of the Official PWBA Rules and Regulations can be found on PWBA.com. Some key rules changes that will start in 2019:
* Active Military Duty - Any female who is currently serving active military duty shall be exempt from paying dues.
* PWBA Elite Entry - PWBA Elite field (which will be comprised of the top 24 in season points as of the previous PWBA event) will have direct entry into the field. If Elite entrant does not enter the event by the 21-day deadline, their entry will revert to the PTQ field. If a previously entered competitor should fall out of the top 24 in points, their entry will move to the PTQ and the difference in entry fee will be refunded.
* Penalties for Late Arrival - Any competitor who is late for the official start time for the first round of qualifying will be disqualified.
* Whenever the alternate enters the match-play finals, the prize money will be split evenly with the competitor she replaces. Each competitor retains her own actual pinfall and match-play record for statistical purposes. If the athlete was disqualified, she will forfeit all prize money
* Points for Disqualification - No points will be awarded if an athlete is disqualified from the event.
Dress code has been updated
* T-shirts are NOT allowed
* Flip-flops are NOT allowed
I see there will be an event near me. How much does it cost to attend a PWBA tournament?
Ticket prices are determined by the PWBA event host. The PWBA Tour schedule can be found here and more information can be found by clicking the "Details" link on the event.
Will there be any Bowl with the Pros events or appearances by players at each stop?
Yes, each event will have a pro-am for fans to meet the stars of the PWBA Tour. Check with the host bowling center for additional information.
Can I watch the PWBA Tour on TV?
The stepladder finals of eight PWBA Tour events will be nationally televised on CBS Sports Network in 2019. Events not nationally televised will have the stepladder finals broadcast live on BowlTV. BowlTV also will have complete coverage of all preliminary rounds. The PWBA Tour schedule will have complete details on each event.
I think my center would be a great place for a PWBA tournament. How are venues determined?
If you or someone you know would like to host a PWBA tournament, please contact Tennelle Milligan at Tennelle.Milligan@bowl.com.
Our local association would really like to help. Do you need any volunteers?
PWBA host centers provide volunteers to help at PWBA tournaments. If you would like to volunteer, please contact one of the host centers by clicking here and let them know you would like to help.
If I have other questions, who can I contact?
We would love to hear from you. Click here to send us your thoughts.